Grilled Colomba Disks With Garlicky Cholula Mayo
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Cholula® or similar hot sauce (add more for an extra zip, if desired)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 pound Colomba potatoes, washed thoroughly
- ½ cup peanut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- In a small bowl, make dipping sauce by mixing together mayonnaise, hot sauce and garlic; set aside.
- Slice potatoes ¼-inch thick, then brush each potato slice lightly with oil, sprinkling with salt and pepper, as desired, on each side.
- Place potato slices on hot grill, cooking and turning frequently until potatoes are just cooked and deep brown.
- Remove potatoes from grill, lightly brush top sides with oil and place on platter.
- Garnish potatoes with chopped parsley and serve with dipping sauce.
For a deliciously classic accompaniment to any meat or seafood dish, halve and roast unpeeled Colomba potatoes flesh side down on an oiled baking pan. Chill any leftover potatoes overnight in the fridge and dice them up in the morning to make a delicious skillet or breakfast hash.